Director of Trading Products
Enterprise Select has partnered with a world leader in investment management to help staff their senior level Trading needs. We are currently searching for a Director of Trading Products to join their successful team. The Director is expected to be market focused; providing competitive opportunities to all clients, developing and distributing product strategies, taking calculated proprietary risk and making effective business decisions within the context of the strategic business plan.
The role is expected to work closely with all Trading Products teams in attaining and retaining customer business by providing clients with coverage including firm research and (buy/sell) merchandise. The Director is responsible for the risk, P&L, limits and management of a client book. This person is expected to maximize profit while prudently minimizing the bank’s exposure and adhering to regulatory statutes.
• Develop strong market knowledge in order to provide comprehensive service to clients, develop new solutions, and construct compelling recommendations.
• Read, analyze and interpret common technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents in order to better serve client needs.
• Use analytical skills (probability, statistical inference, concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions) and be able to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
• Define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
Client and Relationship Management:
• Provide comprehensive account coverage and client development as well as actively prospect new clients to increase sales within the assigned territory.
• Provide comprehensive account coverage with well-established sources for business
• Maintain strong relationships with investors, understand their portfolio, and match firm services and products to client needs.
• Work closely with sales, trading and research teams to provide seamless client coverage including fulfilling client requests for market updates and providing clients with specific information.
• Respond to inquiries from clients, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community in a professional manner and determine acceptable solutions.
• Contact customers to present available investment services and develop client prospects from among current customers, referral leads and other sources.
• Use abilities in financial analysis to communicate effectively and succinctly with clients.
• Analyze morning research and translate into manageable bites for clients
• Develop marketing ideas and help initiate transactions through appropriate presentation of financial data.
• Provide clients with highlights and the big picture to facilitate sales
• Responsible for the prudent management of the Bank’s exposure. Must operate within position and loss limits.
• Manage risk related to pricing and trading of the book.
• Manage firm’s risk exposure on the existing book.
• Take action to reduce risk, including the development of hedging and trading strategies.
• Four-year college or university degree in Accounting/Economics/Mathematics/Statistics, CFA preferred
• 8-10 years of industry related experience
• Thorough knowledge of capital markets, pricing, and trading/hedging strategies and familiarity with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices and procedures and various capital markets products.
• Strong understanding of trading procedures and broader regulatory and financial concepts
• Series 7, 63, and 55 required
• Solid account package
• Strong quantitative, technology and financial skills
• Strong risk management skills, fundamental analysis skills and leadership abilities
• Ability to find and communicate ongoing events that affect or that can affect the market
• Delivers clear, effective communication and takes responsibility for understanding others
• Able to exercise independent thought and judgment and adapt to new tasks with little notice
• Details and results oriented and able to prioritize tasks in a fast-paced, highly pressured work environment Demonstrated computer skills with the ability to learn new systems and spreadsheets quickly.
• Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
• Strong focus on meeting client needs
• Need to be personable, aggressive, and able function in a team environment
• Must be confident and credible over the phone and in person
Not only will you be working with the industry’s best and brightest, you will also be working for a well-renowned company that really takes care of its employees. You will receive extremely competitive compensation, ample opportunities for career growth and skills development, and a full suite of amazing benefits.
If you are interested in this or other related opportunities, please get in touch today and let’s talk about how we can be the bridge to your ideal career opportunity!