Director of Cloud Infrastructure
Enterprise Select has partnered with an innovative financial technology company to help find an experienced Director of Infrastructure Operations to join their team. We’re looking for someone who can thrive in two worlds – a start-up environment where development is collaborative and rapid; and a production environment where we run and monitor the performance of the platform. Longer-term, this platform could serve the entire US housing finance industry.
This role focuses on the operations of an AWS cloud datacenter infrastructure, datacenter administration, storage, servers, middleware, non-application software and networks that support the applications and business processes. This is a technical hands-on leadership opportunity to work in a cloud environment pushing the envelope of a high-volume infrastructure.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Manage incident resolution
- Contractor management and Managed Service Provider management of SLA’s, personnel, contracts and day to day operations
- Act as a subject matter expert for troubleshooting and resolving complex, multi-tier problems
- Ensure that change management projects manage risk to applications and technologies
- Design project to minimize disruption and help maintain consistency in critical environments
- Work with support teams to manage approvals for changes impacting production
- Serve as an escalation point from third party support teams for major incidents, and escalate to the appropriate stakeholders as required
- Managing the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, and support of operating systems devices, hardware, software, etc.
- Partner with and influence stakeholders to promote simplification, standardization and innovation and to ensure risks are understood and minimized
- Automate production operations processes
- Implement application performance monitoring to ensure platform up-time and performance
- Define, measure, and meet key operational metrics including performance, incidents and chronic problems, traffic and conversion, etc.
- Establish strategic direction for operating system platforms including technology reviews, analysis and selection to ensure company has adequate infrastructure to provide suitable operating environment(s) for various applications
WHAT TO BRING:
- 10+ years of related IT work experience
- 5+ years of managerial experience
- Cloud computing experience operating large cloud based environments for production applications preferred - Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, etc.
- Experience leading a team of infrastructure operators
- Experience building and supporting large-scale, business critical systems
- Data center management experience managing, operating and running data center operations for mid to large scale companies
- ITIL based experience with Incident, Problem, Change and Configuration management
- Experience with contractor management and Managed Service Provider management for SLA’s, personnel, contracts and day-to-day operations
Not only will you be working with the industry’s best and brightest, you will also be working for a well-renowned company that really takes care of its employees. You will receive extremely competitive compensation, ample opportunities for career growth and skills development, and a full suite of amazing benefits.
If you are interested in this or other related opportunities, please get in touch today and let’s talk about how we can be the bridge to your ideal career opportunity!