Genomic Systems Engineer
Enterprise Select has partnered with a renowned California-based healthcare organization to help build out their Genomics Engineering team. The Genomic Engineer will work with team leadership to design and implement best practices for the management of genomics and identify requirements for genomics data systems, automated workflows, and genomic data provenance.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Design robust and scalable processes for managing large genomic data sets
- Provide expertise on genomic data sources, 3) Manage genome sequence files and databases, and
- Identify information gaps and uses advanced knowledge of data sources and technology to recommend solutions and initiates appropriate activity.
- Ensure software solutions follow industry best practices, strategies, and architectures
- Provide recommendations for technical solutions that meet design and functional needs
- Documents processes, data structures, and data flows. Write technical specification documentation
WHAT TO BRING:
- 5+ years experience directly related experience in handling and managing large datasets, database technologies, genome databases
- Practical work experience relating to genome annotation, variant annotation, and biological pathways
- 2+ years experience in genomics and bioinformatics.
- Ph.D. degree in health sciences, informatics, computer sciences or genomics sciences
WHAT YOU’LL GET:
Not only will you be working with a successful team full of the industry’s best and brightest, but you will also be working for a growing and stable company that really values its employees. You will receive:
- Highly competitive salary + generous company performance bonus
- Excellent health benefits
- Relocation assistance if needed
- If you are interested in this opportunity and other related positions, please apply today for immediate consideration!