Manager, Data Science
Enterprise Select has partnered with a leader in the Automotive industry to help drive their data science initiatives. We are currently looking for a Data Science Manager to take a leadership role on their team. The manager will lead their team in the development, application and interpretation of insights, using data science approaches and statistical analysis to drive acquisition, retention, and revenue. This includes segmentation, propensity modeling, statistical methods, experimental techniques, etc.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Manages a team of analytics experts and ensures the appropriate allocation of resources.
- Leads team to build statistical models and provide complex analyses in support of organizational strategy
- Mentors direct reports on best practices for efficient coding and processing of huge data sets, as well as appropriate analytical approaches for various business problems.
- Develops and delivers multi-dimensional recommendations with strategic and/or bottom-line impact to senior business unit leaders.
- Collaborates with Data Integration and Information Systems teams to identify new sources of relevant data that can be integrated into the customer profile.
- Advises and provides assistance to mid-level through senior management in the areas of data sciences, advanced analytics and statistical modeling.
- Designs and manages data science projects. Implement the results of the analysis and monitor results for effectiveness/improvements.
WHAT TO BRING:
- 5+ years of experience in data science and/or advanced analytics strategic analysis
- 3+ years managing direct reports
- 3+ years of experience using tools for statistical analysis and programming (e.g., SAS, R, Python,) and querying (e.g., SQL/HIVE/SPARK)
- 3+ years of experience utilizing statistical techniques that are commonly employed in advanced analytics, such as logistic regression, multiple linear regression, cluster analysis, principal component analysis, discriminant analysis, and decision trees (e.g., CHAID and CART)
- 2-3 years of experience in experimental design & analysis and project management.
- Good familiarity with advanced analytics theory and practice, including the concepts of segmentation and response modeling
- Ability to successfully communicate with Executives, Mid-Level Manager, Marketing Strategists and Business leaders to identify business problems and opportunities, design and implement the best analytics solution and communicate the results of analytics projects
- Experience in applying advanced analytics to companies in the Automotive, Insurance, Travel, or Financial Services industries
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, or related Data Science field. Masters degree preferred or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
WHAT YOU’LL GET:
Not only will you be working with a successful team full of the industry’s best and brightest, but you will also be working for a growing and stable company that really values its employees. You will receive:
- Highly competitive salary + generous company performance bonus
- Excellent health benefits
- Relocation assistance if needed
- If you are interested in this opportunity and other related positions, please apply today for immediate consideration!