Enterprise Select has partnered with a world leader in investment management to help staff their senior level accounting operations. We are currently looking for a seasoned accounting professional to serve as Controller, taking responsibility for the management and oversight of the books and records of the corporation, a publicly traded entity, as well as a private joint venture, and the management of three Associates. The successful candidate will be detail oriented, highly analytical and will need to gain a thorough understanding of all aspects of our business. Additionally, candidate should be able to flourish in an extremely fast-paced and growing environment.
- Shared responsibility for the management and oversight of the production of supporting documentation of all line items and disclosures in the BCIC and JV financials
- Shared responsibility for the management and oversight of the financial statement preparation and review process
- Responsible for oversight and review of substantially all of the work of the Associates
- Become knowledgeable on RIC distribution requirements and excise tax rules and various other tax aspects of a RIC
- Develop an understanding of BCIC’s tax provision calculation and dividend coverage versus taxable income
- Assume responsibility of incentive fee calculation, tracking and projection. Gain a thorough understanding of its mechanics and how possible outcomes will affect the results
- Participate in debt restructuring analysis and conversations. Understand the potential impact on GAAP and tax.
- Involvement in potential consolidation issues. Gain a thorough understanding of the rules, implications and related GAAP disclosures
- Become involved in Accounting Policy discussions, understand the impact to the business, and implement the required disclosures
- Production of 12 month forecasts of NII, dividend coverage, leverage, etc. using various business assumptions
- Gain intimate knowledge of our credit facility and other debt docs and the related requirements thereunder. Intention is to understand and anticipate the effect different business conditions will have on certain borrowing base and compliance limitations
- Understand the effect various transactional decisions will have on the overall business (issuing equity, issuing preferred stock, increasing/decreasing dividend). Ability to model out the various scenarios and outcomes
- Participate in the management and development of newly hired Associate.
- Special projects as they occur.
- Approximately 10 years of related experience, preferably with a publicly traded entity or a “Big 4” public accounting firm; CPA a must.
- Excellent accounting skills and deep knowledge of GAAP as it relates to our business. Thorough knowledge of the necessary internal controls around the accounting and reporting functions of a publicly traded entity. Knowledge of SOX process a must.
- Ability to work successfully under deadlines.
- Self-starter, independent worker and ability to make sound and timely decisions.
- Ability to handle a variety of complex tasks simultaneously and comfortable working closely with senior management.
- Knowledge of the investment company industry a plus.
Not only will you be working with the industry’s best and brightest, you will also be working for a well-renowned company that really takes care of its employees. You will receive extremely competitive compensation, ample opportunities for career growth and skills development, and a full suite of amazing benefits.
If you are interested in this or other related opportunities, please get in touch today and let’s talk about how we can be the bridge to your ideal career opportunity!